We can help you with your search for rental accommodation in Bicester, as well as across Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire.
Renting allows you more flexibility than buying a house as you can move residence with much shorter notice if you plan to change jobs or move away to study. Bills are more predictable too as you aren’t responsible for the up-keep of the house, so with fewer planned outgoings you may be able to save more money than you think.
As there are so many possible rental options out there, it is important to know what you’re looking for, what you don’t want and what would suit both your lifestyle and budget.
Do you need a large or small house or apartment? How many bedrooms? Furnished, unfurnished or part-furnished? Rental costs aren’t usually very different for each of these options, but it’s worth considering because if you or anyone you’re sharing with damages the landlord’s furniture, you may lose some or all of your deposit.
Other factors to bear in mind when looking to rent are:
- what areas do you want to live in?
- what parking is there?
- is there a garden?
- are white goods, such as a washing machine and tumble drier included?
- are you prepared to share?
- can I have a pet?
As tenants, you are as important to us as landlords are, which is why we ensure all tenants are treated fairly and in line with current regulations.
However, you should also be aware of your obligations as a tenant. These include:
- paying your rent and any other bills and rates on time
- keeping the dwelling in a clean and tidy condition
- making good any damage caused by you, your family, household or any person visiting or living in the property
- keeping the interior of the property in reasonable decorative order
- complying with the terms of your tenancy agreement
- not causing a nuisance, harassing or annoying any neighbouring/adjoining premises.
It can be difficult to find good property to rent, but talking to us is your first step to finding what you need.